Fresh Crab & Prawn Cakes
(Serves 4 starters)
you will need:
- · 200g fresh local Crabmeat
- · 150g fresh local prawns.
- · 60g soft mash potato
- · ½ red chilli, finely diced
- · Zest of 1 lime & juice of ½ lime
- · ½ teaspoon of fish sauce
- · Teaspoon freshly chopped coriander
- · Teaspoon freshly chopped spring onion
- · Pinch of pickled ginger (or fresh ginger), finely chopped
Just place all of the above together in a bowl, mix well and be sure to break down the mash (i.e. no lumps of mash should be in the cake if you can avoid). Mould 4 equal size patties and set aside in fridge if possible for an hour to firm up. Flour, egg & crumb.
Heat a little oil in a medium sized pan and place the patties in it for about a minute on each side to get a nice gold colour. Place on a baking tray and place in a 180C oven for 3-4 minutes to warm through.
Serve with a dressed salad.